1. Today in Zurich at the headquarters of FIFA ended with a ceremony at which named the host country Championships, World Cup 2018 and 2022.
Voting took place in Zurich, in the results FIFA's executive committee has entrusted the right to host the 2018 World Cup in Russia. Here comes the some shots from event of announcement.
2. The voting itself went very long and wrap-up was delayed: the winners announced and a half hours later than planned.
3. Today in Zurich for the right to host the 2018 World Cup struggled Belgium, the Netherlands, Britain, Russia, Spain and Portugal.
5. However, according to reports in the Twitter and the British media was quickly aware that the representatives of Britain have been seen with a sad facial expressions. Later it became known that their application was disqualified in the first round.
6. According to unconfirmed reports, in the finals went request of Russia and a joint - Spain and Portugal.
7. Russia's bid in Zurich was represented by First Deputy Prime Minister Igor Shuvalov, CEO Bid Committee "Russia-2018" Alexei Sorokin, the Minister of Sport, Tourism and Youth Policy, Vitaly Mutko, as well as Olympic champion in the pole-vaulter Yelena Isinbayeva and captain of Russian national football team Andrei Arshavin. In the photo: Arshavin and Prince William in the hall during the ceremony.
8. The final decision announced President of the International Football Federation (FIFA) Sepp Blatter.
9. Russian proposal calls for matches in 13 cities - Moscow, St. Petersburg, Kaliningrad, Yaroslavl, Nizhny Novgorod, Saransk, Kazan, Yekaterinburg, Samara, Volgograd, Krasnodar, Sochi and Rostov-on-Don, of whom one will be before the championship eliminated. In all stadiums must be built with a capacity of not less than 40 thousand people (the minimum rate under the rules of FIFA for major football tournaments). In the photo: Sepp Blatter, the FIFA World Cup passes Sorokin.