Yesterday, the last day of autumn has passed ceremony of lighting the main Christmas tree USA. Giant spruce height 22,5 m was installed at the central square of New York's Rockefeller Plaza in mid-November. It took several weeks to workers to decorate this gigantic green beauty, a garland for decoration, used a length of 8 kilometers from the 30,000 light bulbs and a huge star at top from Swarovski crystals. The annual opening ceremony of the Christmas tree is an important tradition started in the 30's, during the Great Depression.
1. 75-year-old Forest Beauty height 22.5 meters and weighing 12 tons was brought from the city Mahopek, NY. Christmas tree donated to New York firefighter Peter Acton, who took part in rescue work on Sept. 11, 2001. Giganstkaya 75-year-old grew up on his site.
2. To watch the opening ceremony of the Christmas trees to New York's Rockefeller Plaza gathered tens of thousands of people. Many Americans are watching the celebratory action on TV - the lighting of the Christmas tree lights at the main U.S. traditionally broadcast on major TV stations of America since 1951.
3. Since 2004, the famous Christmas tree Manhattan star is set with crystals Swarovski. In this new year 2010 Swarovski star truly impresses with its size and beauty: a diameter of 3 meters, weight 275 kg, 25 000 crystals. But that's not all - using a computer-controlled lighting system of 720 LEDs is saving huge amounts of electricity. Star has a dynamic individual program of lighting effects.
4. Christmas tree this year, set on Nov. 12. The tree will delight with its beauty of New Yorkers and tourists to 7 January 2011 to admire the Christmas tree home U.S. is expected to arrive this year, about two and a half million people.
5. The tradition of setting a Christmas tree in the heart of New York was born in the early 1930's. In 1931, the workers who created the complex of buildings of Rockefeller Center, the first holiday tree is set directly on the site. During the "Great Depression Christmas tree decorated with cans and strings of paper.
6. Two years later, in 1933 at Rockefeller Plaza, the first formal ceremony for the lighting of fires, which eventually turned into one of the most important Christmas traditions of America.
7. In wartime, in 1942 at Rockefeller Center have set three small trees that were not decorated with lighted garlands.
8. For the first time an official ceremony for the lighting of the Christmas tree was broadcast on U.S. television channel NBC in 1951. In this festive ceremony was attended by Katie Smith Show. Since then, the tradition has become a tradition to invite to the lighting of the Christmas tree well-known figures.
9. At the end of the holidays from spruce Rockefeller Center is not discarded. Wood sent away for recycling, and wood are made of various products.
10. As always the ceremony to light holiday lights on the fir involved prominent singers, actors and journalists. During the concert the audience pleased with live performances by such artists as Jessica Simpson, the British singer Katherine Jenkins.
11. Sheryl Crow Performing
12. Josh Groban Performing
13. Kylie Minogue and others.