By tradition, the City Day is celebrated in Lviv, Ukraine, during the second weekend of May, after a day of Saint George - the patron saint of the city. This year, the Lion City celebrated its 755-year anniversary. See the first report of Lviv of the series - urban parade, which passed through the central streets of Lvov, by launching celebrations.
1. The parade started at 11-ty in the morning on an area of Mickiewicz. Cozy immediately became the center of Lviv as though even smaller and more closely - here today, thousands of people. Despite the fact that the weather was not too good, it does not affect the festive mood.
2. In a celebratory parade involved more than two thousand of the most diverse participants - from kids from children's dance groups to Lviv bikers. Certainly the scope was not the same as five years ago, during the celebration of 750 anniversary of the city, but in any event, the holiday has gone, no matter what. After all, in Lviv can and love to organize parties - in terms of cultural events is the best city of Ukraine.
3. With the song were Girl Scouts of the youth organization "Plast", which next year celebrates its centenary.
4. One highlight of the parade was a huge giant panda, which on the streets of Lviv has released the company "Nestle". Yourself to appreciate the scale of these monsters - the man walking next to them is not low growth.
5. Pandas walked slowly - to move inside such a stalwart puppets (by the way, equipped with ventilation) seemed oh, how easy.
6. Lviv City Youth Association "Student Freedom."
7. Route festive procession passed along the avenue of Liberty to one of the symbol of the city - the Opera House, and thence to the heart of city - Market Square.
8. Scarf on the face - colors of FC Karpaty. That evening Lviv team played with Dynamo, but before the match was another procession with flags and Fireye - in Lviv were football ultras (photos will come later).
9. Bold representative of one of Lviv's dance groups ventured to remove coats and jackets, despite the wind and not the most suitable for ball gowns temperature (it was somewhere in degrees 12).
10. In the foreground - the participants march in the form of Ukrainian Sich Riflemen - military forces during the First World War, who later formed the core of the Ukrainian Galician Army, defending the Western Ukrainian National Republic. A little further - go UPA fighters.
11. To the guy on the right - mazepinka, headpiece with klinopodobnym cut on the band, whose history goes to the 18 th century, during the time of Hetman Ivan Mazepa. Argue that it mazepinka, headpiece Ukrainian Sich Riflemen, a symbol of the Ukrainian army.
12. And, of course - hutsuls. As without them in Galicia
15. Next to join the parade athletes. In the photo: Olympic champions are followed by the opening procession of athletes girls.
17. Judo Federation of Ukraine.
18. (Remember the film "Dogma", though these guys are not on rollers
19. Club cycling "Wheel of the Winds.
20. Entire truck was driven beauties from Lviv modeling agencies.
21. Drove a column of bright antique Cossacks. These Lviv "Brokeback" regularly participate in the rally, the last of which took place on Easter Sunday.
22. Later in the day, these cars took part in the exhibition cars Brokeback Zaporozhets on the Galician area.
23. Closed the procession Lviv bikers .
24. Although we arrived just in time for the procession, could see only part of the parade. She learned later, the parade was headed by King Danylo Galitsky horse. It, like many others, unfortunately, could be seen only at the end of the march on the square near the Town Hall at Market Square.
25. Once on the Market Square, I discovered a whole convoy of people in colorful traditional costumes.
26. There were Czechs, Slovaks, Poles ...
27. ... Slovenes and the Balts.
28. Among the representatives of the fraternal peoples of Europe somehow wormed lonely "Chinese Dragon" (although it seems to slice it, one of many participants in Chinese dance tigers or dragons). Behind him a tail and ran a little boy in every way over the "dragon" bullied. The photograph dragon no longer stand it and took off his mask to tell a petty everything he thinks about it.
29. On the square near the Town Hall "found" Danila Galitsky, though without the horse (Standing on the platform with the flag in the Shell)
30. There were "medieval" Lvov, which we somehow managed to miss during a solemn procession.
31. Arrived at noon, at Town Hall and the orchestra played the march "Bohdan Khmelnytsky".
32. Trumpets sounded over the city hall for the first time after 185 year absence.
33. Thus began the celebration of the 755-th birthday of the city.