Each year, the private think tank Legatum Institute, founded in London in 2007, calculates and publishes the rating of well-being of countries, the so-called "prosperity index" (Legatum Prosperity Index). This year, the calculation was conducted in 110 countries. These calculation are analyzed 79 different parameters, divided into nine subgroups: Principles of Economics, democratic institutions, health care, the principles of public administration, social capital, entrepreneurship and innovation, education, security, personal liberty. Legatum Institute takes the data for research from the American Institute of Public Opinion, World Trade Organization, the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, United Nations, the World Bank. This year, Norway took the 1st position in the list. Watch the detail of top 10 rankings.
10. On economic criteria, the U.S. this year managed to rise only to 14th place, entrepreneurship, management of the state and the degree of availability of opportunities brought them to third place, the education system ranks 9 th in the world. Americans like to call their country "the most democratic in the world, but according to Legatum Institute level of personal freedom the USA deserve the 9th place, the level of social capital 12th place, for security they are at 25 th place. The sum of these figures gave a total of 10 ranked in the world ranking.
9. Ninth place is occupied by Netherlands. The economy here, according to the Legatum Institute, is much better than in the U.S. (3rd place). Social capital in this country, too, at a height: 5 th place. In fact, social capital, as such, is linked not so much with the level of economic development and the level of culture in the country. Safety of life in the Netherlands put on the 18 th place, education and health systems on the 13th. Personal freedom of residents of the Netherlands got 13th position.
8. Eighth place Legatum Institute commends Switzerland. According to analysts in this country public administration is the most effective characteristic of this country, got 1st place. Level of economic development and health are also extremely high (2 nd and 3rd place respectively). Level of social capital is also quite high (6 th). Business is in 11 th place among 110 countries of this rating. Safety of life is 12 - place. Personal liberty is less than that in the Netherlands (19 th). The worst rate in Switzerland - is the education system, took only 29 th place.
7. Canada belongs to the 7-th place in the ranking of prosperity. Here, the weakest link - it's security (16 - th). The education system also needs to work (12th). The health system is also not included in the top ten, finishing 11 th place. Entrepreneurship in Canada is 10 th place, social capital, 8-e. Economics and management of the state here on the 5 th place, and the personal freedom of all in perfect order - the first place in the world.
6. Six countries in the general level of prosperity in the world - Sweden. The scatter of indicators for subgroups are small. Entrepreneurship takes 2nd place in the world, and the level of social capital 11 th place.
5. In fifth place in the world prosperity is New Zealand. According to analysts of the Legatum Institute is the world's best education system. The level of personal freedom and social capital estimated 3-m site, but the economy is quite weak, and entrepreneurship (17th and 14th place). Worst of all things health: 19 th place.
4. Australia is back from his neighbor by just one position, and took 4th place in the world in terms of prosperity. It has very good performance in education (2nd), social capital and personal freedom (4th). Safety and Business Australia is the 13th largest in the world, and health 15-e.
3. And finally, the 3rd place is occupied by Finland. Education and safety are best in this country (third place in the world). Next comes the business, taking 4th place. The level of personal freedom (12th).
2. Second country in the world in terms of prosperity - is Denmark. It was the first in the world in terms of opportunities for entrepreneurs, the second on the effectiveness of governance and social capital, the fourth-economic development. It is true that health care in Denmark is only at the 17 th place in the world.
1. And finally, the most prosperous country in the world by Legatum Institute - is Norway. It has the highest rate in the world economy and social capital, security and personal freedom is second in the world, health and education systems occupy 4th place, entrepreneurship at the 6 th place in the world, and public administration at the 12 th.