Photostory of Live Journal blogger lawyerdv, while he was on the trip to Bali and nearby islands. When you go to Bali, Indonesia, don't forget to see Odessa in the Crimea. The sea and people around looks same but different sensations. There is not shortage of islands in Indonesia but we decide to explore the smallest - Gili.
The Gili Islands (Indonesian: Tiga Gili [Three Gilis], Kepulauan Gili [Gili Islands]) are an archipelago of three small islands — Gili Trawangan, Gili Meno and Gili Air — just off the northwest coast of Lombok, Indonesia.
The islands are a popular destination for Western tourists looking for a remote island experience. Each island has several very small resorts, usually consisting of a small collection of huts for tourists, and a restaurant. Most local inhabitants live on Trawangan in a township stretching along its east side just inland (which is also where most recent development is taking place). Automobiles and motorized traffic are prohibited on the islands by local ordinance, so the preferred method of transportation is bicycle or the horse-drawn carriage called a cidomo. Diving in and around the Gilis is also popular due to the abundance of fish life and attractive coral formations.
The name "Gili Islands" is a misnomer, because Gili simply means "small island" in Sasak. As a result most of the islands around the coast of Lombok have Gili in their names, although confusion is averted by referring (in English) to the other Gilis around the Lombok coast by their proper names only. Wikipedia
1. To begin with there still needs to reach. Distance something near 80 km is overcome by sea for a couple of hours and $ 77 dollars per person on a fast boat. Water and sea-sickness pills are included. Departure from the hotel by car to the port at 6:30 am.
2. With us on the boat traveled about 15 people. The boat was traveling quickly enough, as far as waves, each of which hit at that speed brings a desire to be as fast as possible on the island, whatever we may be waiting.
3. Islands were are sort of protected zone, where land transport horsepower is not an abstract value, but a living no alternative way to move around the island for long distances. Under such means transfers from the schooner to the hotel - 200 too much for exhausted civilization tourist meters. But even in the name of keeping livestock island artiodactyls, I did not want to ship to the ball to enter into trade with local cabbies, so laden suitcases I got a couple of minutes walk.
4. A small island - the best way to make sure that the Earth is round. I could not wait to empirically confirm the hypothesis that if we go all the time right along the beach, you can reach the same point from which you came. The assumption proved correct, the evidence lasted two hours walking in the midday sun, and two bottles of beer, though, is the revelation of spiritual exaltation is not triggered. But the walk itself was very informative in terms of familiarization with the local infrastructure. Around the perimeter of the island to a greater or lesser concentrations are hotels, differing by the level of comfort and the degree of remoteness from the flock of humanity in the entertainment business. Below is the budget option - $ 25 per night per room with a bed and inconvenient conveniences.
5. Tourist population consists mainly of Australians, that is puzzling, because they have not much cooler climate. True or not, but we were told that over Australia in world record ozone hole, and instead of Australians at risk of sunburn to fuck a big problem with the skin. And those who want to hide from the sun in the water waiting for blood-thirsty sharks. Therefore, the Australians are buying (or building) on the island of their own bungalow, which will probably also be rented. Form they are quite decent.
6. There was one hotel that I liked the most. He is almost the last on the west coast (the busy coast of the island). For $ 150 you can get a separate bungalow with its own small swimming pool and luxurious sofas on the beach. Unfortunately, I do not remember the name, but the Internet is not advertised. If anyone is interested, show your finger where it is on the map.
7. Don't touch these plants
8. Is there are islands without the azure shores? I've always wanted to dip it in such a sea, the water of wild colors of blue vitriol from the basin in my grandmother's vineyard. Imagine my surprise and disappointment to learn later that this color is produced by dead coral, covering a hundred meters of the seabed around the island. Hardened and bleached in the sun all the coral ruins have a white, chalky color and tint ocean water during high tide. Thus part of the day you can devote themselves bultyhaniyu in water depth of not more than a meter from the bottom of the disgusting - Corals cut legs and no slippers to go there simply is not possible.
9. And at low tide this cemetery corals laid bare and it looks quite sad, as the next photo. I have a tendency to do landscapes as art, which is why the next frame is not fully reveals an unsightly view of the coast at low tide.
10. But for people to get involved in biology there is a real paradise - you can walk on reefs and to consider all creatures, which remains in small pools, similar to the aquarium.
11. Near the beach (the beach where you can call anywhere in the coastline, since the perimeter of the island is nothing more than not) stood an old ship. Rather, its remains. Delayed it there for long, as an alternative source of production of construction materials on the island. In other cases, they have to bring a large island, which is quite expensive. In the evenings, several local with formic scrupulosity dismantle the ship at the parts for a bungalow.
12. On an island full of places where you can sit and drink beer. Variety, as well as price, are united for the whole Indonesia - Bitang $ 3 per bottle of 0,75. Beer is good and wonderful.
13. But not a single beer help themselves inhabitants of the island. At some point I voziklo impression that Indonesia has decided to make the island a local Amsterdam to all freaks and rastomany concentrated in one place. Hearing the Russian language, any local Indonesian begins ingratiating broadcast: "Grass, grass." Presumably these words cut out the clue etymology of the name of the island Trawangan. It's funny, but according to Indonesian law, a guy offered me the grass was a step away from the shooting, actually risked his life. Although I remained a mystery how these nice people in general can someone shoot him. A few cafes open offers to buy magic mushrooms in various combinations of cocktails or meals. A guy with a cigarette in a picture, you think he smokes a Marlboro? My God, what his eyes when he talks to you, it seems that he broadcasts from distant space, which also confirmed the delay in his responses, and terribly bad relationship with his consciousness.
14. Even before the trip to the island, I read about mushrooms and firmly decided for myself that I would try. Long to find it was not necessary, advertising, nobody hides.
15. So, that evening, the courage, I decided to fill up his collection of life experiences mushroom cocktail. They brought me a brown swill with a sweetish taste and odor of mushrooms. Actually, this was just sweetened water and mushrooms. At first, I decided to drink slowly, to follow the reaction. But as a result of talks in beat-up guy brought me a drink, found that the effect occurs in the best case in an hour. Therefore skorenko finishing his drink, it was decided to go for supper. Of course, in a more respectable place than this freaky Handel. Half an hour later I started to stir up decently. In the cafe, I completely lost my appetite, to be precise, it was feeling the opposite desire to eat or drink. So I bravely suffered 40 minutes, while maintaining the sobriety of mind, which to me at this moment to say: "Dimitri, you get drunk poisonous mushrooms in a dirty gadyushne. The fact that you feel sick is more than natural!" Ie Not that everything went according to plan, but it was quite logical. By the time I began to reason that I am on the edge of the earth, a place where the best that doctors can do - the cause of death and not even today, I suddenly felt better. After that, everything was pretty innocuous. First leg, and then the whole body began to numb the manner of anesthesia in stomatkabinete when you stop to feel polscheki. There was a feeling that no gravity, but I'm not going to - paryu above the ground. Otherwise, nothing extraordinary happened, I would think, has kept a sense of humor, which indicates the soundness of mind, peacefully landing on the couch in a cafe overlooking the sea, to dive into thinking about life. I was waiting for hallucinations, but they never came. He was a quiet evening at the next table two young couples were laughing hysterically over an ashtray, and then started to jump pike in the sand. Life on the island took its usual course. The greatest happiness I experienced when again felt gravity. I realized that I landed and it was really very nice - to meet again with the familiar reality. I ordered more whiskey and satisfaction realized it was my choice. Could not resist to add a photo fiction. This is the same cocktail.
16. The next day began with a beach. In general, I rarely do so, but for the sake of "tick" lain under this same tree (look how cozy), about an hour.
17. No firsthand knowledge of what kaytserf I watched in horror as a couple of guys were worn on the kites in the place where any fall will certainly be unsuccessful.
18. Reverent attitude toward nature on the island is manifested not only in horses. All hotels have, without exception, from the shower pouring sea, salt water. Desalination systems consume too much energy to be powered by solar panels. A different way of electricity on the island do not get - diesel generators are prohibited, for polluting the atmosphere.
19. Just enjoying
20. On the second day came the understanding of this island. Imagine that you are invited to a big private party. You do not know anyone, but suggests that the all-around friends. So here, too. You can sit around in cafes and stare at the sea as you like, you can walk, drink, eat the plants (about this later) or just lie on the beach. Some ride bikes, run a lot with the player around the island. Every day wish to meet with the sunset, or climb on the island anywhere. An atmosphere of friendliness and complete anarchy - on the island is completely absent the police as well as the need for it.
22. Traveling along the coast we have long wondered about the purpose of these facilities. Studying in the evening at the map of the island, we saw the "point of view of sunset, and it coincided with the place. Indeed, every day for an hour - a half before sunset, many island visitors come to this place to admire that which is famous for all Indonesia - the brightest firework displays the setting sun. For a few hours bar opens, filled with beer and inappropriately loud music.
23. I will tell you a little secret. Directly over the spot and there are stairs that lead up to the viewing platform, where better to see the landscape and heard worse music. By the way, this way you can use to climb to the highest point of the island and see it almost entirely from the top.
26. Despite the large number of boats, we have been traded for the opportunity to travel to the neighboring island - Gili Meno. Did not want to pay 35 bucks for a 400-meter trip, greedy and lazy natives less than 50 would not agree. Since the neighboring island from afar looks like and Trawangan, I decided to spend the money on beer. In principle, the 400-meter swim is not a problem even for very poor swimmer. But the islands are really strong currents. As a result, you can swim a lot more than this distance in the open ocean. And in Java, I planned to get a more traditional way.
27. You can travel much cheaper - that such charters are intended for staff working on the island. Unfortunately, it needs to unpredictable long wait for a sufficient amount of people for a ride. Back to the same thing.
28. Sunsets on the island is really extraordinary.
29. This panorama of the island. Ahead o.Lombok, where there is an airport with an extensive system of transfer. From left to see the neighboring islands.