For the first time, more than 50 years, the prestigious American Ballet Theatre from New York to visit with performance Havana to take part in the festivities in honor of the 90 th anniversary of the legendary Cuban ballerina and the creator of the National Ballet of Cuba, Alicia Alonso.
1. American Ballet Theatre (ABT) - Leading U.S. ballet troupe. After arrival, participants ballet troupe had the opportunity to meet with Cuba. They have visited the beach Playa del Este, about 20 kilometers from Havana.
2. At noon, the Cuban national ballet dancers have enjoyed music and dancing in Hotel Atlantico.
3. American Ballet Theatre dancer Erith Tamm plays volleyball nearby. Free time before rehearsals in the theater of the Karl Marx spent most of the troupe members to exercise and visit to the beach.
4. Prima ballerina of American Ballet Theatre Ksayomera Reyes gave female students from the Cuban School of Ballet ProDanza, in which she danced in his youth, ballet shoes and clothing. In the photo: girls school ProDanza.
5. Activity in the Ballet School ProDanza.
6. Ksayomera Reyes walks through the streets of the family in El Vedado, located next to Havana.
7. Havana School of Ballet ProDanza has about two hundred students, which involved 10 teachers.
8. Despite the various government support, people in Cuba live pretty poor. In the photo: a boy after a rain walks past children's carnival swings in the neighboring town of Havana Mariano.
9. Rehearsal for dancers from New York in the Karl Marx theater in Havana.
10. Ballerinas during rehearsals help each other to fasten clothes.
11. Before the performance of the ballerina of American Ballet Theater with excitement await in the wings.
12. Girls from behind the scenes watching the activities taking place on stage.
13. David Hallberg act ballet "Pas de Deux" by Tchaikovsky (choreography by George Balanchine), the Bolshoi Theater in Havana.
14. Statement by the Cuban National Ballet dancers during the staging of "Apollo" (choreographer George Balanchine).
15. The bust of the famous Spanish playwright Joaquin Alvarez Quintero (Joaquin Alvarez Quintero) on the streets of the town of Mariano, located not far from Havana.
16. Ballerinas of the troupe ATB ride the bus to Havana.
17. In addition to practical exercises at the ballet school, teaching general education and special theoretical disciplines. In the photo: students at the theoretical lessons of the Cuban National Ballet School in Havana.
18. Student-dancers from Havana's school wearing pointe shoes. The design of these shoes satin ballerina promotes stability in the poses of classical dance.
19. The arrival of the troupe ATB also aims to strengthen cultural ties between the two countries.
20. Instructor Kevin McKenzie of American Ballet School offers a master class at the National Ballet School in Havana.
21. In the photo: one of the students ballet school in Havana stands in front of guests from America.
22. Student of the National Ballet School in Havana, calling for free pay phone to his parents.
Short URL for sharing